currently recruiting - November 2017
The Horsebridge Arts Centre; Red Zebra: details below
The Horsebridge Arts Centre
£23,660 (pro rata)
17.5 hours per week. Fixed term 2 years.
Young Digital Makers at the Horsebridge Arts Centre
We are seeking a project Manager to deliver an innovative programme of digital creativity by and for disadvantaged young people in Whitstable and Herne Bay. You will need to have proven experience of arts project management with young people and be able to work at weekends.
This post is funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org call 01227 281174 or drop into the centre for an application pack.
Closing date is Sunday 10th December.
‘Roma in the Lead’ Development Officers x3
Employer: Red Zebra Community Solutions
Hours: We are flexible as to the hours you will work as long as it is between 15-37 hours.
Salary: Dependent upon hours agreed. Equivalent to £20,000 Full time (37 hours).
Contract: 3 year fixed term contract
Location: Covering Kent and Medway (Thanet, Dover, Shepway, Gravesham and Medway)
Development officers will work either out of an office in East Kent (Dover or Margate), or out of an office in Chatham or Gravesham.
Hours: 30 hours per week (4 days)
Reporting to: ‘Roma in the Lead’ Project Manager
Britain’s vote to leave the EU has caused concern and uncertainty amongst Roma migrants regarding their future in the UK particularly around their legal rights of residence and access to healthcare and other public services. Following the referendum there has been a sharp increase in the number of hate crimes which has created further barriers to integration. We have been awarded Big Lottery –funding for the next 3 years to fund a ‘Roma in the Lead’ project, which aims to address issues Roma migrants face around integration and difficulties in accessing services.
A large number of projects consult groups but we believe the best way forward is to have people in charge and control of their own futures. During a consultation with local Roma a dedicated Roma Development Team was welcomed as a way of enabling Roma communities to “solve problems and help the community have a better understanding of Roma people”.
The Roma Development team will work across five Kent districts, helping existing projects to continue and new events to be set up, creating opportunities for Roma people to have positions of authority or influence in their communities and helping local Roma people to raise their achievements and hopes.
The project, building on wider learning, will aim to:
- Support a culture of Roma leadership within local communities.
- Provide a bridge between Roma, services and community organisations.
Closing date for application forms is 29th December 2017. Interviews will be held on the 9th or 10th January 2018.
For an application form please contact Monica Boulton on 01227 772248 or email@example.com.
To talk more about the role please contact Juliette.firstname.lastname@example.org 07754108951.
Dartford Big Local Coordinator
Accountable to: Dartford Big Local Partnership, with line management from Red Zebra
Salary: £30K (37 hours per week); 12 months fixed term. Some evening and weekend working will be required.
Big Local is an exciting opportunity for local residents in Dartford (The Dartford Big Local Area includes Tree Estate, Phoenix Place and part of the Town Centre) to use at least £1m to make a massive and lasting positive difference to their communities. It’s about bringing together all the local talent, ambitions, skills and energy from individuals, groups and organisations who want to make their area an even better place to live.
We are looking for a motivated, proactive and energetic individual, who is a real team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, to achieve the following programme outcomes and to support Dartford Big Local to delivery their local plan:
- Communities will be better able to identify local needs and take action in response to them.
- People will have increased skills and confidence, so that they continue to identify and respond to needs in the future.
- The community will make a difference to the needs it prioritises.
- People will feel that their area is an even better place to live.
The Role responsibilities include:
- To support, empower and report to the local partnership to ensure effective delivery and enable them to be effective in their partnership role.
- To manage, oversee and evaluate all areas of the Big Local delivery plan,
- To manage and support staff and volunteers.
- Work with the partnership to ensure that Dartford Local Big Local has a legacy.
- To bring in match and in-kind funding to support the Big Local deliverables.
- To develop effective partnership working between the residents on the local partnership, the Dartford Big Local programme and local providers across statutory and voluntary sectors.
Please note that due to the nature of this role the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The closing date for application forms is 5th January 2017 at 5pm. Interviews are on Thursday 25 January 2017, and will include a presentation to a panel.
For an application form and further information please contact Monica Boulton on 01227 772248 or email@example.com
Please note - we do not accept CV’s.