Working in partnership to provide quality training
Red Zebra works with partners including KM Charity Team and Social Enterprise Kent to ensure that voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations can access high quality training opportunities.
Red Zebra’s Roma in the Lead project invite you to
Roma Cultural Awareness training
21st March, 2018 9:00-12:15, Whitstable
“As a result of this training I am planning to promote a Roma intervention programme in order to improve understanding of Roma culture and the needs of the Roma community and to reduce crime.”
(Metropolitan Police officer)
This half- day course will be delivered by the Roma Support Group, a long established London-based charity that specialises in promoting equality for Roma communities. The course is designed for all professionals who are working with the Roma community and require an understanding about their culture. For example, social workers, teachers, police officers, researchers, campaigners, activists, etc.
The course will provide a solid introduction to the key issues related to the Roma community. The Roma community’s historical overview as well as cultural background will be explored and set in the context of life in the UK. We will look how this information can be applied in order to improve engagement with the community.
Outcomes of the course include:
- Knowledge of the Roma community, including their origins, brief history, history of Roma communities’ arrivals in the UK, cultural customs and taboos;
- An understanding of barriers experienced by Roma community members in accessing mainstream services;
- An understanding of cultural differences in order to support your engagement and communication with Roma individuals and families;
- An opportunity to network with other individuals and agencies working with Roma communities;
- An awareness of best practice models in working effectively with Roma individuals and families.
The cost of this course is £50. Spaces are limited; you can book your place by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please contact Juliette Wales at Julietteemail@example.com
Training from other providers
The Foundation for Social Improvement
Heavily Subsidised Small Charity Training in Medway
The Foundation for Social Improvement and Medway Voluntary Action are delivering a heavily subsidised training event in Medway on 13th March offering small and local charities and community groups three workshops on key fundraising skills: Supporting & Managing Volunteers, Developing Corporate Relationships, and Community & Events Fundraising