Quality training, working in partnership with Social Enterprise Kent.
Red Zebra works with Social Enterprise Kent to ensure that voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations can access high quality training opportunities.
To find out about current courses please visit the Social Enterprise Kent website or email Red Zebra on the contact details below.
Training from other providers
Catching Lives; Relate Kent; West Kent Mind - details below:
Catching lives Autumn 2017 Training Dates
The schedule for our next round of training is below. Please feel free to forward this to anyone you think might be interested.
· Substance Misuse Awareness Training – Tuesday 3rd October 2017 9am – 4.30pm
· Mental Health Awareness Training - Wednesday 11th October 2017 9am – 4.30pm
· Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults/Boundaries/De-Escalation Skills - Tuesday 17th October 2017 9am – 1.30pm
· Equality and Diversity – Tuesday 17th October 2017 2.15pm – 4.30pm
· Combined Training Day (a condensed course that includes elements of the above) – Saturday 21st October 2017 9am – 5pm (Please Note: If you have attended the other training days, you should not attend this one.)
An Introduction to Counselling Skills - Tuesday 24th October 2017 2pm – 5.30pm
An Introduction to Counselling Skills - Tuesday 31st October 2017 2pm – 5.30pm
All of the training takes place at our daycentre (13 Station Road East, Canterbury, Kent CT1 2RB). For more information or to reserve a place email email@example.com.
Counselling Skills for Non Counsellors training
Do you or does someone you know work in a supportive role?
Are you required to offer emotional support to others, discuss sensitive issues or have difficult conversations?
We are all aware that undue stress is being put on staff, who may feel they are not trained or qualified to tackle many of the emotional or mental health problems that come up in their working lives (and at home).
Relate can help you, your staff, your colleagues or your service users to develop useful counselling skills, interview management techniques and enable positive change.
The next course is being held over 3 Tuesdays– 7th, 14th & 21st November 2017 - at Maidstone Community Support Centre.
The cost is £225 pp.
Successful completion of this very popular course can also provide access on to further training. Early booking is advisable as numbers are limited and places are filled on a first come, first served basis.
For further details and a booking form, please contact:
Lynne Murphy at Relate Kent on 01302 347749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
west kent mind
FREE Mental First Aid Youth Courses
We still have some free spaces on the Youth Lite Mental Health First Aid course which are running in various locations over the next few months across Kent (please see below). The courses are free to anyone who works with children and young people who may be more at risk due to their circumstances of developing a mental health problem e.g. difficult family circumstances, special educational needs looked after children and also young carers – there are many other examples.
We can offer the courses free of charge because they are fully funded by Health Education England for a limited period only.
Feedback on our Mental Health First Aid Youth courses has been excellent, with 100% rating the courses as very good or good. Below are some quotes:
· “A hugely informative course – excellent content”
· “Excellent course which will support my professional and personal life. Would recommend to others”
· “The overall day has been amazing. Very informative with excellent study material”